Sivagami Ammaiyar Memorial girl child protection scheme
Sivagami Ammaiyar Memorial girl child protection scheme is being implementedf by the Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Programme Department, Government of Tamil Nadu to provide financial assistance to the girl children in poor families.
The scheme is being implemented to
- Promote Family Planning
- Eradicate Female Infanticide
- Promote the welfare of girl children in poor families and to raise the status of girl children.
Benefits of the scheme
- Scheme I for one Girl Child - Rs.22,200/- Fixed Deposit Receipt in the name of girl child for the family which has only one girl child.
- Scheme-II for each girl child where the family has two girl children only - Fixed Deposit Receipt for Rs.15,200/- for each girl child where the family has two girl children only.
- An amount of Rs.150/- as monthly incentive shall be given to the girl child on completion of 5 years from the date of deposit and upto 20th year of deposit for her educational purpose.
- Family income should be below Rs.50,000/- per annum for Scheme I and below Rs.12,000 per annum for Scheme - II.
- Application should be made before the beneficiary girl child completes 3 years of age, in case of Scheme I for single girl child. In the case of two girl children, application should be made before the second girl child completes 3 years of age.
- Either of the parents should have undergone sterilisation within 35 years.
- Family should have only one/two female children and no male child. In future no male child should be adopted.
Whom to contact
The beneficiaries may contact the either of the following district officials.
- District Social Welfare Officer
- District Programme Officer
- Child Development Project Officer
- Extension Officers (Social Welfare)
- Rural Welfare Officers (Women)
Source : Government of Tamil Nadu
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.